We are excited to have you at Gotta Dance!
2023-2024 Fall Classes!
We are excited to have you with us during the 2023-2024 dance season, our 33rd year serving the community! Gotta Dance strives to provide a quality dance education as well as promote physical and emotional growth for our students. Your child is our priority, and our goal is to make this year a positive and growth-filled experience.
Please note, we are strictly following the WA State Guidelines for our safe return to classes.
Tuition and Registration:
- Tuition is due on the 1st of each month. Gotta Dance uses an automated payment system which accepts American Express, Visa and MasterCard. No bill will be sent, the tuition payment will be processed automatically, and a receipt will be sent via email.
- Prorated tuition is available only for the initial start date.
- Placement in classes will be confirmed through email when registering online.
- A 10% family discount applies if more than one member of the family (living at the same address) registers for classes.
- There is a $40 annual registration fee, per family (covering September 1, 2023, through August 31, 2024).
- There is a $10 registration fee, per new family when registering for the first-time during summer session.
- Tuition and registration fees are non-refundable.
- A $20 late fee will automatically be charged to accounts not paid by the 1st of each month.
- Drop-in rate is $30 per class, $40 for a 90-minute class, and will be applied to tuition upon registration.
- One free drop-in class can be requested for any dancer per dance year.
Missed Class Policy:
- If you are going to miss a class, please notify the Gotta Dance office at (425) 861-5454 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be noted on your account and passed on to your instructor.
- If you miss a class, you may receive access to a recording of your missed class.
- If taking a leave of absence (more than 4 weeks), tuition must be paid during the leave in order to guarantee your continued placement in classes.
- Gotta Dance does not issue refunds or prorate tuition for missed classes.
- Creative Movement and Tap/Ballet ages 3-4, 4-5 and 4-6 will have viewing during all classes.
- Classes 5-6 years of age and older will have viewing the first class of each month. Other viewing times are at the discretion of the instructor on approved occasions.
As a courtesy, please park by the Gotta Dance building and not in front of other businesses. There is a possibility of being towed if you do not park in permitted areas which are directly around our building or near the greenbelt.
Withdrawing from Class(es):
If you decide to drop a class or withdraw from Gotta Dance, you must communicate this change to the Gotta Dance Office (425) 861-5454 or email@example.com. This communication must be made by the 15th of the month to avoid being charged the following month’s tuition. There are no refunds for registration fee, costume, or tuition. We will assume you are continuing throughout the 2022-2023 dance year unless we are notified otherwise.
- Gotta Dance will hold shows three times throughout the year.
- December 9th or 10th at Eastlake high School, for 3-7-year-old-classes.
- January 20th at Eastlake high School, for older dance classes.
- End-of-the-Season Production – June 1st, 2nd and 8th for all dancers.
- All shows have reserved seats which are ordered online. By prepaying your tuition through the month of the show, you will be put on an early access list to purchase tickets. Remember that there are no refunds or discounts for prepaid tuition or paid tickets.
- December Show tickets- Tuition must be paid through December 2023 payment (#4)
- January Show tickets- Tuition must be paid through January 2024 payment (#5)
- June Show tickets – Tuition must be paid through May 2024 payment (#9)
- Any tickets that have not been pre-purchased will be available for sale at the door of the theater.
- All shows start on time. Please ask all guests to arrive at the theater at least 20 minutes before the show begins so that everyone can be in their seat for the first dance. Doors will open and shut in between each dance.
- A professional videographer will record all shows. DVDs and Digital Downloads are available for purchase at the show or at the studio.
- Flash photography is not allowed at any show as it is dangerous to our performers.
- Dance Photos will be taken the week of Monday, May 13th – Saturday, May 18th in full costume during regular class.
- Costumes are ordered in October for winter shows, with some costumes (for new students) being ordered in February for the June 2024 shows. The same costumes will be used in the winter and End-of-the-Season Productions.
- Costume payments are due October 15th for the December Shows; November 15th for the January Shows and February 15th when ordering midyear.
- Costumes are custom ordered and there are no refunds once ordered.
- Sizing for costumes will be done at the time of registration or in class by the instructor.
Creative Movement: Any color leotard, any color tights, pink leather ballet shoes OR Sweatpants, leggings, or gym shorts with t-shirt and black ballet shoes.
Tap/Ballet Combination Classes (ages 3-6): Any color leotard, any color tights, pink leather ballet shoes and blackpatent leatherMary Jane style, buckle tap shoes OR Solid black leggings, or gym shorts with solid white t-shirt and black ballet shoes and black patent leather Mary Jane or oxford tap shoes. Optional: ballet skirts and sweaters Hair should be pulled back away from the face.
Ballet and Pointe (Ages 5 & older): Black leotard (any style), pink tights, and pink leather ballet shoes. OR Black leggings, white t-shirt, black leather ballet shoes. Hair must be in a bun or pulled away from the face if a bun is not possible. Optional: ballet skirts, ballet sweaters, leg warmers
Lyrical: Any dance wear (leotard or tank top/camisole/close-fitting t-shirt and leggings or dance/spandex shorts) and Bloch Style #SO675foot thongs. No loose-fitting clothing. Hair should be pulled back away from the face.
Jazz: Any dance wear (leotard or tank top/camisole/close-fitting t-shirt and leggings or dance/spandex shorts) and BlochStyle #S0401L black leather split-soled, slip-on jazz shoes. No lace-up jazz shoes. No loose-fitting clothing. Hair should be pulled back away from the face.
Tap: Any dance wear (leotard or tank/camisole tops and leggings or dance/spandex shorts) and black lace-up tap oxfords. Hair should be pulled back away from the face.
Hip-Hop Fusion: Any loose-fitting clothing and tennis shoes. No jeans.
Note: Correct shoes and attire are REQUIRED for all classes. Each dancer must have their own shoes with their name written inside.
Gotta Dance Shop:
For your convenience, Gotta Dance offers dancewear and shoes for purchase. Please contact the front desk for additional information.
Any unexpected or inclement weather closures will be announced on our website, Facebook and Instagram pages. Please follow and like our Gotta Dance social media pages to get the most recent updates.
All communications from Gotta Dance will come to the email address provided when registering your dancer. Please ensure that this is accurate and up to date on your account in The Studio Director.