Here are some of the more common questions we get and the answers
When is Tuition due?
- Tuition is due on the 1st of each month. Gotta Dance uses an automated payment system that accepts American Express, Visa, and MasterCard. No bill will be sent, the tuition payment will be processed automatically, and a receipt will be sent via email.
- Prorated tuition is available only for the initial start date.
- A $20 late fee will automatically be charged to accounts not paid by the 1st of each month.
- Tuition and registration fees are non-refundable.
Is there a Registration Fee?
- There is a $40 annual registration fee, per family (covering September 1, 2022 – August 31, 2023) due at the time of registration.
- There is a $10 registration fee, per new family when registering for the first time during the summer session.
Do you offer drop-in classes?
- One free trial class can be requested for any dancer per dance year.
- The drop-in rate is $30 per class, $40 for a 90-minute class, and will be applied to tuition upon registration.
Do you offer family discounts?
- A 10% family discount applies if more than one member of the family (living at the same address) registers for classes.
What happens if I miss a class?
- If you are going to miss a class, please notify the Gotta Dance office at (425) 861-5454 or send an email to email@example.com. This information will be noted on your account and passed on to your instructor.
- If you miss a class, you may receive access to a recording of your missed class.
- If taking a leave of absence (more than 4 weeks), tuition must be paid during the leave in order to guarantee your continued placement in classes.
- Gotta Dance does not issue refunds or prorate tuition for missed classes.
Can I watch my dancer during class?
- Creative Movement and Classes ages 3-4, 4-5 and 4-6 will have viewing during all classes.
- Classes 5-6 years of age and older will have viewing the first class of each month. Other viewing times are at the discretion of the instructor on approved occasions.
What if I must drop a class?
- If you decide to drop a class or withdraw from Gotta Dance, you must communicate this change to the Gotta Dance Office (425) 861-5454 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This communication must be made by the 15th of the month to avoid being charged the following month’s tuition. There are no refunds for the registration fees, costume, or tuition. We will assume you are continuing throughout the 2022-2023 dance year unless we are notified otherwise.
When are your Dance Shows?
- Gotta Dance will hold shows three times throughout the year.
- December 10th & 11th at Eastlake High School, for 3-7-year-old-classes.
- January 21st & 22nd at Eastlake High School, for older dance classes.
- End-of-the-Season Production – June 3rd, 4th, and 10th for all dancers.
How do I buy tickets?
- All shows have reserved seats and tickets will be ordered online. By prepaying your tuition through the month of the show, you will be put on an early access list to purchase tickets. Remember that there are no refunds or discounts for prepaid tuition or paid tickets.
- December Show tickets- Tuition must be paid through December 2022 payment (#4)
- January Show tickets- Tuition must be paid through January 2023 payment (#5)
- June Show tickets – Tuition must be paid through May 2023 payment (#9)
- Any tickets that have not been pre-purchased will be available for sale at the door of the theater on the day of the show.
How do I get and pay for costumes?
- Costumes are ordered in October for winter shows, with some costumes (for new students) being ordered in February for the June 2023 shows. The same costumes will be used in the winter and End-of-the-Season Productions.
- Costume payments are due October 15th for the December Shows; November 15th for the January Shows and February 15th when ordering midyear.
- Costumes are custom ordered and there are no refunds once ordered.
- Sizing for costumes will be done at the time of registration or in class by the instructor.
- All classes are recorded for future use. Please note that up to 30 seconds of the recording may be used for studio marketing. See the release in the registration documentation.
What is Gotta Dance doing about COVID-19?
- Gotta Dance is following all current safety guidelines set forth by the state of Washington and King County. We will update our policies as needed.
- Our priority will continue to be the safety and health of our students, families and Gotta Dance staff.
- Our staff has been educated and trained to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
- You may contact our front office for our current safety policies.