Studio Information and frequent questions
We are excited to have you at Gotta Dance!
2021-2022 FALL CLASSES!
We are excited to have you with us during the 2021-2022 dance season, our 31st year serving the community! Gotta Dance strives to provide a quality dance education as well as promote physical and emotional growth for our students. Your child is our priority, and our goal is to make this year a positive and growth-filled experience.
Please note, we are strictly following the WA State Guidelines for our safe return to classes.
TUITON AND REGISTRATION:
Tuition is due on the 1st of each month, no bills will be sent. Gotta Dance uses an automated payment system which accepts American Express, Visa and MasterCard.
- Tuition is due on the 1st of each month. Gotta Dance uses an automated payment system which accepts American Express, Visa and MasterCard. No bill will be sent, the tuition payment will be processed automatically, and a receipt will be sent via email.
- Prorated tuition is available only for initial start date.
- Placement in classes will be confirmed through email when registering online.
- A 10% family discount applies if more than one member of the family (living at the same address) registers for classes.
- There is a $40.00 annual registration fee, per family (covering September 1, 2021 through August 31, 2022).
- There is a $10.00 registration fee, per new family when registering for the first-time during summer session.
- Tuition and registration fees are non-refundable.
- A $15 late fee will automatically be charged to accounts not paid by the 1st of each month.
- Drop-in rate is $25.00 per class, $35.00 for a 90-minute class, and will be applied to tuition upon registration.
- One free drop-in class can be requested for any dancer per dance year.
MISSED CLASS POLICY:
• If you will be missing a class, please notify the Gotta Dance office at (425) 861-5454 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be noted on your account and passed on to your instructor.
• If you miss a class, you may receive access to a recording of your missed class.
• If taking a leave of absence (more than 4 weeks), tuition must be paid during the leave in order to guarantee your continued placement in classes.
• Gotta Dance does not issue refunds or prorate tuition for missed classes.
- Creative Movement and Tap/Ballet ages 3-4 and 4-5 will have viewing during all classes.
- Classes 5-6 years of age and older will have viewing the first class of each month. Other viewing times are at the discretion of the instructor on approved occasions.
As a courtesy, please park by the Gotta Dance building and not in front of other businesses. There is a possibility of being towed if you do not park in permitted areas which are directly around our building or near the greenbelt.
WITHDRAWING FROM CLASS(ES):
If you decide to drop a class or withdraw from Gotta Dance, you must communicate this change to the Gotta Dance Office (425) 861-5454 or email@example.com. This communication must be made by the 15th of the month to avoid being charged the following month’s tuition. There are no refunds for registration fee, costume, or tuition. We will assume you are continuing throughout the 2021-2022 dance year unless we are notified otherwise.
- Gotta Dance may hold Winter performances for all dancers. Information will be provided when classes begin in September.
- Gotta Dance will hold a show in June for all dancers.
- End-of-the-Season Production – June 4, 5 and 11, 2022, for all dancers. Please reserve these dates as class specific show date and time will be determined in March 2022.
- All shows have reserved seats which are ordered online. By prepaying your tuition through the month of the show, you will be put on an early access list to purchase tickets. Remember that there are no refunds or discounts for prepaid tuition or paid tickets.
- June Show tickets - Tuition must be paid through May 2022 payment (#9)
- Any tickets that have not been pre-purchased will be available for sale at the door of the theater.
- All shows start on time. Please ask all guests to arrive at the theater at least 20 minutes before the show begins so that everyone can be in their seat for the first dance. Doors will open and shut in between each dance.
- A professional videographer will record all shows. DVDs are available for purchase at the show or at the studio.
- Flash photography is not allowed at any show as it is dangerous to our performers.
- Dance Photos will be taken the week of Monday, May 16th – Saturday, May 21st in full costume during regular class.
- Costumes for our June 2022 Shows will be discussed in February 2022.
- Costumes are custom ordered and there are no refunds once ordered.
Creative Movement: Any color leotard, any color tights, pink leather ballet shoes OR Sweatpants, leggings, or gym shorts with t-shirt and black ballet shoes.
Tap/Ballet Combination Classes (ages 3-6): Any color leotard, any color tights, pink leather ballet shoes and blackpatent leatherMary Jane style, buckle tap shoes. Optional: ballet skirts and sweaters OR Solid black sweatpants, leggings, or gym shorts with solid white t-shirt and black ballet shoes and black patent leather Mary Jane or oxford tap shoes.
Ballet and Pointe (Ages 5 & older): Black leotard (any style), pink tights, and pink leather ballet shoes. Hair must be in a bun. Optional: ballet skirts, ballet sweaters, leg warmers OR Black leggings, white t-shirt, black ballet shoes.
Lyrical: Any dance wear (leotard or tank top/camisole/close-fitting t-shirt and leggings or dance/spandex shorts) and Bloch Style #SO675 foot thongs. No loose-fitting clothing.
Jazz: Any dance wear (leotard or tank top/camisole/close-fitting t-shirt and leggings or dance/spandex shorts) and Bloch Style #S0401L black leather split-soled, slip-on jazz shoes. No lace-up jazz shoes. No loose-fitting clothing.
Tap: Any dance wear (leotard or tank/camisole tops and leggings or dance/spandex shorts) and black lace-up tap oxfords.
Hip-Hop: Any loose-fitting clothing and tennis shoes. No jeans.
Note: Correct shoes and attire are REQUIRED for all classes. Each dancer must have their own shoes with their name written inside.
GOTTA DANCE SHOP:
For your convenience, Gotta Dance offers dancewear and shoes for purchase. Please contact the front desk for additional information.
All communications from Gotta Dance will come to the email address provided when you registered your dancer. Please ensure that this is accurate and up to date on your account in The Studio Director.
Any unexpected or inclement weather closures will be announced on our website, Facebook and Instagram pages. Please follow and like our Gotta Dance social media pages to get the most recent updates.
All communications from Gotta Dance will come to the email address provided when registering your dancer. Please ensure that this is accurate and up to date on your account in The Studio Director.