Studio Information and frequent questions
We are excited to have you at Gotta Dance!
TUITION AND REGISTRATION
Tuition is due on the 1st of each month, no bills will be sent. Gotta Dance uses an automated payment system which accepts American Express, Visa and MasterCard.
- Prorated tuition is available only for initial start date.
- Placement in classes will be confirmed through email when registering online.
- A 10% family discount applies if more than one member of the family (living at the same address) registers for classes.
- There is a $40.00 annual registration fee, per family (September 1, 2019 through August 31, 2020).
- There is a $10.00 registration fee, per new family when registering for the first-time during summer session.
- Tuition and registration fees are non-refundable.
- A $15 late fee will automatically be charged to accounts not paid by the 1st of each month.
- Drop-in rate is $20.00 per class, $30.00 for a 90-minute class, and will be applied to tuition upon registration.
- One free drop-in class can be requested for any dancer per dance year.
MISSED CLASS POLICY:
- If you will be missing a class, please notify the Gotta Dance office at (425) 861-5454 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be noted on your account and passed on to your instructor.
- If you miss a class, you are encouraged to make-up the class. Make-up class space is limited and must be scheduled ahead of time with the front desk.
- Make-ups must be made in a class at the same level and age group as you are registered.
- Make-up classes cannot be scheduled within 4 weeks of a performance.
- You must be currently enrolled, and your account must be up to date in order to make-up classes.
- You may schedule only two make-up classes per month.
- If taking a leave of absence (more than 4 weeks), tuition must be paid during the leave in order to guarantee your continued placement in classes.
- Inclement weather make-ups may be scheduled in an age/level-appropriate class, or the teacher may schedule a make-up class day. Your teacher will discuss this following the unexpected closure. Please check our website, Facebook or Instagram for weather closures. Please follow and like Gotta Dance to get the most recent updates.
- Gotta Dance does not issue refunds or prorate tuition for missed classes.
- Creative Movement and Tap/Ballet ages 3-4 and 4-5 will have viewing during all classes.
- Classes 5-6 years of age and older will have viewing the first class of each month. Other viewing times are at the discretion of the instructor on approved occasions.
As a courtesy, please park by the Gotta Dance building and not in front of other businesses. There is a possibility of being towed if you do not park in permitted areas which are directly around our building or near the greenbelt.
WITHDRAWING FROM CLASS(ES):
If you decide to drop a class or withdraw from Gotta Dance, you must communicate this change to the Gotta Dance Office (425) 861-5454 or email@example.com. This communication must be made by the 15th of the month to avoid being charged the following month’s tuition. There are no refunds for registration fee, costume, or tuition. We will assume you are continuing throughout the 2019-2020 dance year unless we are notified otherwise.
Gotta Dance will hold shows three times throughout the dance year.
- December 14th, 2019 at Eastlake High School, for 3-7-year-old classes.
- January 18th, 2020 at Eastlake High School for older dancers.
- End-of-the-Season Production – June 6th, 7th and 13th 2020.
All shows have reserved seats that are ordered online. By prepaying your tuition through the month of the show, you will be put on an early access list to purchase tickets. Remember that there are no refunds or discounts for prepaid tuition or paid tickets.
- December Show tickets- Tuition must be paid through December 2019 payment (#4)
- January Show tickets - Tuition must be paid through January 2020 payment (#5)
- June Show tickets - Tuition must be paid in full - through May 2020 payment (#9)
- Any tickets that have not been pre-purchased will be available for sale at the door of the theater.
- All shows start on time. Please ask all your guests to arrive at the theater at least 20 minutes before the show begins so that everyone can be in their seat for the first dance. Doors will open and shut in between each dance.
- Gotta Dance hires a professional videographer to record all shows. DVDs are available for purchase at the show or at the studio.
- Flash photography is not allowed at any show as it is dangerous to our performers.
- Dance Photos will be taken the week of Monday, May 11th – Saturday, May 16th, 2020 in full costume during regular class.
- Costumes are ordered in October for winter shows, with some costumes (for new students) being ordered in February for the June 2020 shows. The same costumes will be used in the winter and End-of-the-Season Productions.
- Costume payments are due October 15th for the December Shows; November 15th for the January Shows and; February 14th when ordering Midyear.
- Costumes are custom ordered and there are no refunds once ordered.
- Sizing for costumes will be done at the time of registration or in class by the instructor.
- Creative Movement: Girls: Any color leotard, any color tights, pink leather ballet shoes. Boys: Sweatpants, black leggings, or gym shorts with t-shirt and black ballet shoes.
- Tap/Ballet Combination Classes (ages 3-6): Girls: Any color leotard, any color tights, pink leather ballet shoes and black patent leather Mary Jane style, buckle tap shoes. Optional: ballet skirts and sweaters. Boys: Solid blacks under gym shorts with t-shirt and black ballet shoes and Mary Jane or oxford tap shoes.
- Ballet and Pointe (Ages 5 & older): Girls: Black leotard (any style), pink tights, and pink leather ballet shoes. Hair must be in a bun. Optional: ballet skirts, ballet sweaters, leg warmers. Boys: Black leggings, white t-shirt, black ballet shoes.
- Lyrical: Any dance wear (leotard or tank/camisole tops and leggings or dance/spandex shorts) and Bloch Style #SO675 foot thongs. No loose-fitting clothing.
- Jazz: Any dance wear (leotard or tank/camisole tops and leggings or dance/spandex shorts) and BlochStyle #S0401L black leather split-soled, slip-on jazz shoes. No lace-up jazz shoes. No loose-fitting clothing.
- Tap: Any dance wear (leotard or tank/camisole tops and leggings or dance/spandex shorts) and black lace up, tap oxfords.
- Hip-Hop: Any loose-fitting clothing and tennis shoes. No jeans.
- Note: Correct shoes are REQUIRED for all classes. Each dancer must have their own shoes with their names written inside. Loaner shoes are available for emergency use only, or when first trying a class.
GOTTA DANCE SHOP
For your convenience, Gotta Dance offers dancewear and shoes for purchase.
All communications from Gotta Dance will come to the email address provided when you registered your dancer. Please ensure that this is accurate and up to date on your account in The Studio Director.